Thursday, November 05, 2009

where


So my camera died on the day of dia de los muertos - so called, "day of the dead." I can't help but wonder what this really means to me and my life - I have been taking pictures to express my unspeakable feelings since I moved to this country, the United States. There have been a number of transitions, inner-battles within myself, frustrations, confusions in these four years of my life in this country, and now, I am at the point where I have to beat all my weakness and make a concrete decision about my life. And, yes, I am lost at the moment.

Come to think of it, the reason I came to the United State was to escape from the reality. I made up numerous reasons to come here, but it was simply because I wanted to get away from Japan, where I was born, grew up, and became who I am. I noticed the awkwardness in the Japanese society since sometime before I made the decision of coming here - to be precise, it was after I came back from Australia - and I found myself not-completely-belonging in the society. So I escaped, and here I am, looking for another place to escape from reality and life I am going to face to.

I am in a state of complete confusion which I never experienced. I finished my education, I have a city where I love and live, I have friends who love me for whoever I am, I have parents who totally respect my decision and support me - what's more do I need to be happy? Only thing I am lacking is my confidence - which I thought I have, but turned out it drained out of me without notice. I feel so weak and I am so frustrated and hating myself being so weak. So I tried to beat my emotional weakness, then I lost my physical strength by pushing myself too much. I feel powerless and hopeless.

However, life goes on. Time passes at the same speed as it used to against my will. There is no going back; there is only moving forward.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Time passes, seasons come and go and then come again. The seasons are just like our feelings, our emotions, our dreams, and our lives; they're always evolving and changing. Each moment is more beautiful than the last one for every new breath that we inhale and exhale we learn a touch more of who we are. The lost feelings you may feel now, accept them and hold them with compassion, for these are the moments you will begin to experience yourself thoroughly; these are the moments you begin to understand how you deal with yourself. It's about the process, not, necessarily, always about the finish line. You are amazing, loving, and extremely insightful. Remember, you are doing your best and your best is all you need to do.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home