Sunday, September 03, 2006

Love! San Francisco!

What a lovely place! Being honest, I was thinking to move to New York seriously but never mind. How can I leave such a beautiful place? New York is great for sure. There are many things going on at the same time. And big enough to explore for years and years. (well, I don't even know anything about San Francisco.) I like, no, feel comfortable with the atmosphere of New York. Not too friendly, like Japanese. People here are too different from my people, maybe. I am not a racist (or maybe I am?), but cannot help feeling discomfort to these people. I cannot understand them.

So, why I came here? To know and experience the difference. wasn't it? Yes, that was the reason why I chose to come here, the US. I think it is more challenging for me to live in the west than the east somehow. Maybe, maybe not (who knows?). "discomfort" can be "interesting". Anyway there are still many places I never been and I am not staying here forever. I think I should struggle a little more to find "comfort", and the right time is not now. For now, just enjoy the life in awkwardness and shadow.

1 Comments:

Blogger My Top Ten said...

San Francisco is a blessed city, Noriko, and it's good you don't actually live in it - you get to sample it in small, sometimes delicious portions. Like sashimi.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home