Thursday, June 22, 2006

Harajyuku Girls

It has been months since I have been to Harajyuku last time. It used to be one of my favourite place in Tokyo, but since the symbol of the place, the beautiful Dojunkai apartment houses, has been destroyed, I was away from the town.


Harajyuku is famous for the original fashion style people gathered there have. Somehow many foreigners, especially young girls, are very interested in this place and often ask me what it is like. So, here it is.


I remember when I went there years ago, there were a lot of people who have "unique" fashion styles, only a few people seemed "normal". (Excuse me but I have never understood their styles...) However, it has been changed since then. There are still some interesting people, but not as many as there used to be. I have heard some foreigners saying " I was expecting here to have more crazy people". Well, sorry, this is Harajyuku after being too famous for tourists. Time changed, fashion changed.


Walking in a huge crowd of Japanese, I felt strange. It was the life I got used to and I have never wondered about it, but I felt different. I felt like I am still traveling somewhere unknown.


Time changed, fashion changed, view changed, and people changed. Everything is changing without notice.

2 Comments:

Blogger My Top Ten said...

Where is your Harajyuku outfit?

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you call them "Harajyuku Girls". What does Harajyuku mean? :) Great Photos!.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home